Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome to the Novice Mommy Blog!

So I was taking a walk today with my 2-year-old daughter and dog and I was realizing just how much I think about the actual act of parenting, but how I don't want to be "that" mom who only talks about being a mom. I love being a mom, but it definitely is just a part of who I am. I'm not one of those moms who pretends to have it all figured out nor am I one of those moms who thinks every second of motherhood is glamorous. (Picture me using a spatula to get poop off a cloth diaper yesterday and you'll see what I mean.) I'm a writer, but I don't want all I write about to be about my daughter or domestic life. Maybe that's selfish of me, but hey, so be it. Having a fulfilling adult life can only make me be a better mom, right? So I've decided tonight to start a separate blog just for my thoughts on parenting. I won't get preachy, but I'll definitely set forth some strong opinions from time to time. For the most part, I hope this blog will be filled with antecdotes and helpful hints or just stuff I learn along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Hey RRS! Look forward to checking back in to your blog about being a mom. Hey, I'm not even a mom and I look forward to hearing more about your experiences mommy-ing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete