Saturday, October 16, 2010

Me Time? B-OH-RING.....

Oh, my sweet Cece Lou!  She's been at my husband's parents' house for a few nights and I miss that little stinker!  It's so funny how I sometimes get stressed out and wish I had some time for myself, but as soon as she's gone, I instantly miss her and don't know what to do with myself.  I always think I'll use the time wisely and get writing done or look into ways to lower our percentage rate on our credit cards or finally organize the storage space, but I almost always end up being a lazy turd on the couch. 
Having her here makes me stick to a schedule and it seems I need that now.  When she sleeps I get my down time and that forces me to work hard and diligently because I know it's a small window I'm working with.
I guess my point is, I really don't need all this "me" time I thought I did.  The truth is, I truly love running after her and feeling like I really was active all day and I fall asleep from exhaustion and not boredom.  Being a mom is more fun than it is stressful for me and I never really thought I'd think that.  I thought I was too selfish for that.  My favorite thing since college has been going to a coffee shop and writing.  When Cece is visiting her grandparents, I head straight to the coffee shop and at first I'm giddy with my latte and croissant in front of me.  It doesn't take long, however, for my brain to start reminding me how much I miss her. 
But she is gone still this morning until this afternoon, so I need to use this remaining time wisely by getting some work done, so I can give her my undivided smooches the second she walks in the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment